Sleep - Is this normal?

Reaction score
When I wake my IMac from sleep, it takes many, many attempts to get it to load a URL. This is probably normal, but it bugs me.

Is there anything I can do to wake it up really ready to go?

Thanks,
Warren

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Depending on your wireless strength, it might take the Mac some time to reconnect (since, after all, the wireless connection is cut when the machine is shut down). If you see that the wireless signal is still connecting when you wake it, give the machine a second or two to reconnect.

C

chas_m

Here's a tip that may help: in the advanced section of the Network system preference, under Wi-Fi, you'll see a list of every network you have EVER joined with that machine. Clear them all out, re-join your home network, or at least drag it to the top of the list. That should help it quickly rejoin the familiar network.

OP
W
Reaction score
Thanks to both!

My internet connection is by ethernet, so it wasn't wi-fi confusion, but (I have to admit) it was my own lack of patience.

If I woke it up and walked away for a bit before hitting the "enter" button in an obsessive-compulsive manner, it does connect just fine.

Thank you both for helping. I (and my 'enter' button) both thank you.

Warren

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.