iPod touch possible downgrade

Reaction score
Australia. Just kidding. Somewhere in florida.
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air running the epic Mountain Lion
Hello all, I want to know if it is at all possible to downgrade an ipod touch 4G from ios 6.1.3 to 6.1.2 without shsh blobs, or just from shift+restore in itunes. I recently bought a new ipod touch 4G and i was disappointed to find it was on the newest software because that meant no jailbreaking for me. Um and I am an apple developer and stuff and i am experienced with apple even tho i am new to this forum (I am running ios 7 beta on most devices). So i downloaded the 6.1.2 ipsw and tried to restore it thru itunes but it said ipod is not eligible for suggested build. How can i get that to go away? And again its a new device so no shsh blobs. I also dont want a tethered jailbreak cause those are nothing but trouble. I am running a Macbook air with mountain lion so keep that in mind too. Thanks!!;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
OP
N
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks then... lets juts pray the Evad3rs do something then, even p0sixninja.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Disregard . . .

On any Apple product, you can not restore to a earlier version, than what it was shipped with.
This goes for Mac OS X, iPhone, iPad Mini, iPad, iPod Touch.
So yes as above the answer is no.

C

chas_m

Yes, an Apple developer who doesn't know where the shift key is. Of course you are.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
Thanks then... lets juts pray the Evad3rs do something then, even p0sixninja.

They do have a new jailbreak ready to go as soon as iOS 7 is finalized and released to the public. They just don't want to release it now and Apple patch it up.

OP
N
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
They do have a new jailbreak ready to go as soon as iOS 7 is finalized and released to the public. They just don't want to release it now and Apple patch it up.
Hmm. Thanks for the info. Didnt relly know.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Yes, an Apple developer who doesn't know where the shift key is. Of course you are.

And didnt know you cant go backwards from what the device was shipped with :-\/

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.