Watching TV on laptop - without TV tuner stick

Reaction score
We only have one TV antenna port in our house, thus only one TV. I'm lucky to watch an hour a day so it's not a problem for the most part. That said, my partner watches a heap of TV and our viewing preferences are polar opposites - if there's something I want to watch and it clashes with her schedule we have to compromise... well, I have to compromise by not watching the show I want (usually a documentary or interview).

Short of buying another TV and having the antenna cable routed to another room, are there any wireless solutions that'll allow me to watch TV on my MBP?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
What channels are we talking about here and do any of them do live streaming or a streaming catch up service on the web

OP
C
Reaction score
Free to air channels. A lot of them are streamed/uploadable via the channels web site and that's how I watch them usually, but it chews through my current mobile/wireless data plan. We don't have the landline connected at our house so we don't have the benefit of 'unlimited' plans (due to my work/routine I need wireless access at all times).

If there isn't a straight forward solution i'll just upgrade my data plan.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.