2007 MBP 2nd internal hard drive install success!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookPro 11,2 <--DAW!!!
This info is for people who are told to get rid of their older trusty Mac notebooks because it's not worth the money to upgrade them... But it is worth it!
I wanted to add this new info as future reference in my other post about installing an SSD onto my older MBP but my post was too old to edit... http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/apple-notebooks/285876-voila-vertex-4-07-mbp-new-notebook.html

It started out that I had to relube the spindle on the right fan on my 2007 3,1 MBP because it started making noise. Since I had it open, I went ahead and bought a SATA to PATA hard drive caddy and a Seagate Momentus 750GB 7200RPM SATA2 hard drive to install in place of the DVD SuperDrive.
I removed the SuperDrive, modified the position of the caddy mounts, got the hard drive and caddy installed and mounted, formatted it and it works great as a second hard drive for storage!
wkhp.jpg

suti.jpg

sue6.jpg

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Nice work. Resurrecting old machines sometimes can be a fruitless effort, but when it works, it's like pumping new life into a dead body. ;D

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
Thanks for the post!

Now I'm tempted since I have the same MBP. :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.