Wide Angle Lens

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
Can you put a wide angle lens on any camera to shoot in wide screen..
there is a camera that I have that you can buy a wide angle lens for does this mean that the aspect ratio will actually change?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Powerbook G4 • 24" iMac • iPhone 3Gs
Not every camera has the ability to add lenses or change lenses.

Is it a still camera or a video camera?

U

UncSki1218

sounds like hes talking about a video camera. i dont think it actually changes. unless its a really nice camera. the widescreen on most dv cameras just cuts off the top until its the right dimensions.

OP
PowerBookG4
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
Its a video camera..

Thanks for the info, I was just curious if it was worth the extra $140 for the lens but I guess not becaues i can put it in widescreen now and all it does is cut off the top and the bottom until its the right dimmensions.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Powerbook G4 • 24" iMac • iPhone 3Gs
The image is limited to the aspect ratio of the CCD.

If the CCD is 4:3, the final image will be in 4:3. But a wideangle lens basically "zooms out" more than the cameras stock lens can. They're incredibly useful and can make some really cool looking shots. So a 16:9 wideangle lens will not "chop off" the top and bottom of a 4:3 image, but simply won't expose that part of the CCD.

$140 seems like a bit much for a wideangle lens, but if it's not that much to you, I would say it would be a great purchase and would make for some very interesting shots.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.