iPad mini cases - need some brand suggestions

Reaction score
I need a case that allows me to view my iPad mini in different views, but also sleeps/wakes it when you lift the cover - similar to the Smart Cover (which I already own, and I'm getting a little frustrated with).

Anybody have any brand suggestions? I don't really care much about the material it's made out of, or the color (sort of - don't want bright colors or flowery designs).

C

chas_m

Telling us what it is about the Smart Cover that frustrates you might help us make a better suggestion to address your frustration.

OP
C
Reaction score
Telling us what it is about the Smart Cover that frustrates you might help us make a better suggestion to address your frustration.

If you've ever tried to adjust the viewing angle while the SC is propping it up vertically, sometimes it loses its triangular shape and collapses - similarly, if the SC is holding the iPad mini at an angle to where it makes it easier to type (for example), and if you're like me and like to rest a bit of arms weight on the iPad while typing or using a painting app, it collapses there too. I like using my iPad mini in my lap sometimes as well. (Usually with a lap board).

The whole concept and idea behind a Smart Cover is genius, but it's just not cutting it for me, I'd like something a bit more sturdy, something that covers the entire iPad rather than having to buy a back cover in addition to the Smart Cover.

C

chas_m

I have to point out the the current Smart Cover design includes a back panel.

But it sounds to me like you'd be happier with something akin to a portfolio case. Do you need or want a Bluetooth keyboard built into that, or no?

OP
C
Reaction score
I have to point out the the current Smart Cover design includes a back panel.

But it sounds to me like you'd be happier with something akin to a portfolio case. Do you need or want a Bluetooth keyboard built into that, or no?

Not for the iPad mini - I believe you're referring to the Smart Case that Apple makes for the larger iPad models.

And no, don't need an external keyboard :) - just a regular portfolio case with the lock/wake magnets in it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.