• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Apple At Home Advisor

Reaction score
Hi everybody,

I applied for an apple at home advisor position. I went through all the interviews, did great, they always moved me to the next step. Finally I got an email for a background check, filled out all the information that was required for the background check. Filled out the background check 2 weeks ago. Well last week I received an email from HR saying there was discrepancy in hiring dates from a previous employer, I checked immediately and sent her the correct hire date.....thing is I was off by a little over a year.....I thought I started a job in 2008 when I actually started in 2009. I immediately sent an email with documents saying that I had put wrong dates and apologized for the misinformation and how excited I was for having the opportunity for working for such a great company like apple. My question is, do you think this will completely hurt my chances. I really didn't mean to put the wrong dates :Oops:....I really want to work for apple as an at home advisor. Thanks Guys!!!

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
My question is, do you think this will completely hurt my chances. I really didn't mean to put the wrong dates :Oops:....I really want to work for apple as an at home advisor. Thanks Guys!!!

We would have absolutely no idea how this will effect things. Hiring managers are people...and each person is an individual...and as such will react to situations differently.

But if you figure that they probably have more qualified candidates for the positions than are being filled...and the other equally qualified candidates did not have any discrepancies...you could see how a discrepancy may not work in your favor.

But you never know. The hiring process can be a "mysterious" thing. And all sorts of things can happen.

Good luck,

- Nick

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
We certainly have no insight into Apple's hiring process and so can't tell you if or not this causes issues.

If it's been a little time since your last correspondence with them, you might want to follow up and see where things stand..

OP
S
Reaction score
Thanks for the comments. I'm just really nervous, but really excited to have an opportunity to work for Apple. I'm basically putting all my eggs in one basket with this one. I usually don't, but really want to work there. It's been 2 weeks since I filled the background check information, and 1 week since they asked for the paperwork for the actual hire date for a previous employer. Just wondering which date I should go by? The job doesn't start until the 29th. So still a lot of time, but would rather know whether I'm hired or not.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Depending on how many positions they are trying to fill in what location with how many candidates is going to dictate the speed in which you will get a response..

I've never seen a company check on the specific hire dates..a few have called up references I've provided but nothing more..

Either way, good luck..

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I've never seen a company check on the specific hire dates..a few have called up references I've provided but nothing more..

You've never worked for IBM or the Federal Government then..... :p

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
That would be negative..:) the biggest company I worked for was Motorola. All the other companies have been startups or small companies..

OP
S
Reaction score
Just wanted to let everyone know I did get the job!!!! I'm super excited! Thanks everyone for the comments!

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Congratulations..

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.