32 G flash drive

Reaction score
why do i need paragon to format my 32 g flash for the full 32 g to be used. i formatted to Windows NT Filesystem. by doing this im able to use the full capacity. why does mac restrict the amount of space you can use.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Your Mac (OS X) does not restrict the amount of space anywhere. If you used Paragon NTFS to format the 32 GB flash drive to NTFS, it should have worked with no restrictions.

If you're asking why you needed Paragon NTFS to format that flash drive to NTFS, it's because NTFS is a Windows native file system, not Mac OS X. You could have also used a Windows machine to format that same 32 GB flash drive. In the same way, Windows can not format a drive to HFS+ which is the Mac native file system without an addition driver being loaded in Windows.

I hope you understand a bit better now. If you have any further questions, just ask.

OP
H
Reaction score
i have fmware fushion but paragons is easier. i started using paragon when i tried to add 5g to a 8g flash drive and i got the message = not enough free space.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.