• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Need to create simple text-based discussion list

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dmag

Hi,

I need to create a simple discussion forum, probably like a text-based listserve (if that's what it's called).

We recently "signed up" a large number of people who gave us permission to enroll them in our new discussion forum. However, after setting up the forum on Yahoo Groups, we discovered that it was an opt-in situation, and it just hasn't worked.

Some people have signed up; many have asked us why they have to go through the process at Yahoo when they already gave us permission; some can't figure out the Yahoo process; many have told us they never got the message to enroll; and it's generally been a mess.

Now we're doing another event and will have another 200 people tell us they want to be involved. We don't want the same problems, so we're thinking to just put up a simple listserve forum, where they can respond to us and each other.

What I need is help to know where to find the software to do this, and how to set it up.

More importantly, I want a system where we can send them an e-mail that requires only them hitting the "reply" button to confirm their enrollment.

I'm sure most of you who read this know what I'm talking about.

The simpler the system, the better.

Any help is appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.