paragon ntfs not working

Reaction score
hi
i have downloaded and payed for paragon nfts on my new 15" macbook but when i try to transfer a file over 4gb onto a fat32 windows formated drive it still comes up with: The item “...” can’t be copied because it is too large for the volume's format.
what have i done wrong for paragon to not work when i used the trial it worked fine.
ps. i also tryed to download a free version before i ended up paying for it. could a older version be interfering with this new updated version? if so how can i fix this
please help
jess

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Paragon NTFS is a driver which allows your Mac (OS X) to read and write to a NTFS formatted drive. That has nothing whatsoever to do with not being able to transfer a larger than 4 GB file to a FAT-32 formatted drive. FAT-32 is restricted to a single file that is less than 4 GB because of its sector limitations.

I have no idea what you're referring to about the trial version of Paragon working to allow files over 4 GB to be transferred to a FAT-32 drive as that is not what Paragon NTFS does.

OP
S
Reaction score
hi chscag
thanks for your reply. i think i may have been wrong then as i used the trial some time ago now but i remembered being able to transfer from my mac a file over 4gb onto a fat32 windows drive.
can you help me with a program that will let me do this?
thanks

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
There is nothing that will allow you to put a file >4 GB onto a FAT32 partition. This is a limitation of FAT32.

You want to store files over 4 GB, and the drive moves between Windows and Mac machines, now that you have NTFS for Mac, you are going to need to reformat the partition to NTFS.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.