Will this work? (Laptop Comparison Question)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro Retina 15" 2.7 GHz Intel Core i7 with 16 GB DDR3 Ram running OS X 10.8.4 Mountain Lion
I'm not sure if this is the right place for this, and if it's not I apologize and welcome this thread to be moved to where it would more appropriately go if that is the case, but I've been looking at a website online that sells laptop stuff and a bunch of other things as well, and I was wondering if anybody could answer a question of mine regarding the physical characteristic differences between the Macbook Pro 15" and the Macbook Pro Retina 15"

You see, I was looking at getting this: Laptop Keyboard Skin Cover Protector for Apple MacBook Purple - Tmart.com

And nowhere does it say that it'll work with rMBP. My question is: Is the keyboard section of the rMBP identical to the MBP other than the obvious replacement of the Eject key with a power button?

If so I should theoretically be able to use the Keyboard cover with my Retina Mac, right?

Thank you?

C

chas_m

Apple has been using an identical keyboard layout for all the Unibody MacBook Pros since 2009 with the exception of the Retina in the area you mentioned. I don't have both here to test, but I would bet that a keyboard cover intended for the current MBP would fit over the Retina MBP except for the eject key part as you suggest.

OP
khcrazy10
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro Retina 15" 2.7 GHz Intel Core i7 with 16 GB DDR3 Ram running OS X 10.8.4 Mountain Lion
Thanks.. it's only 4 bucks so I suppose it can't hurt to try it!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.