Migration Assistant Troubles

Reaction score
In both my user accounts, I can't find files that I transferred onto my mac from my old PC using migration assistant. Did the transfer work? Because it said it was successful, but I cant find any files. All I'm transferring are picture files and Im a little confused because when I was choosing what to transfer, next to the Pictures choice it said 0 KB (I think it was KB??), so does that mean there are no pictures that migration assistant can find on my PC or just less that a KB?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
It means it didn't find any pictures on your PC to transfer to the Mac. As far as where your other files are, you need to read the Apple instructions regarding the Windows Migration Assistant and where it places the files it transfers from your PC to the Mac.

OP
M
Reaction score
It means it didn't find any pictures on your PC to transfer to the Mac. As far as where your other files are, you need to read the Apple instructions regarding the Windows Migration Assistant and where it places the files it transfers from your PC to the Mac.

Thanks! Do you have any ideas on what I can change to have the Migration Assistant recognize the photos on my PC? Because I have about 125 GB of photos on it.

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
This might help explain things. Start at about the fiur minute mark and go past the point where he talks about disclosure triangles. This Expanding these should allow you to decide which things you still need to copy.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.