Macbook Air 2013 Diagnostics

Reaction score
Hi,
So I recently purchased a Macbook Air 11inch 128 gb mid 2013 model. When I got it it seemed to be working ok but suddenly got hung once. I decided to run Apple Diagnostics Test (the new apple hardware test for post june 2013 models) and selected english as my language. As soon as I selected english the entire computer got hung and I could no longer move the mouse. I tried it a couple of times but the same thing happened.
I had purchased the computer from Best Buy so went back and they changed it for me after I showed them the ADT( formerly AHT) was non responsive.
When i got the new computer I decided to run the ADT just in case and the exact same thing happened! The computer got hung with an unresponsive mouse.
The fact that it happened twice with two brand new computers seems very strange to me. Could both the computers have hardware issues?
I do not know whether I should go back again to change this computer as well as the computer itself seems to be working fine.
Thanks in advance for your help.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
The fact that it happened twice with two brand new computers seems very strange to me. Could both the computers have hardware issues?

I doubt it. It sounds more like a bug with the ADT and maybe the firmware of the new MacBook Air. I would give Apple a call (you have free phone support for 90 days) and discuss it with them. Do not, repeat, do not, ask Best Buy to solve it for you. Let us know.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.