iPad map with multiple pins

Reaction score
Hi,

I need help finding an app that has the ability to drop multiple pins (200ish) on one map, and apply names to each of them over my sales territory in Orange County for my iPad. I want to be able to look at my sales territory and view all the pins to help me be more efficient in the field.

It seems really simple, but I have searched and searched and cannot find anything that works. I really appreciate your help!!!!!

Thanks

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Why not use the Maps app?

You can drop all the pins you want.
With each one - choose the option to Add it to Bookmarks and re-name it.
They will all show on the Map with whatever name you've given them.

Don't have that many, but have perhaps 50 pins spread across a 400 mile radius on my iPhone.
Just tested it here and dropped another 10 in a 5 block area and named them all test 1, etc... np.

edit 3:
Guess I take it back - looks like the pins do not all stay showing on the map after you close and open it, even though they're all in bookmarks, which makes it worthless for your use.

As soon as you use the directions function they all disappear.

Don't know what app would work for you. All of mine are spread so far apart, that I have to use the Bookmarks feature to show each 1 I want and then map a route to it.

C

chas_m

The solution -- or at least A solution -- is to customize the Maps map as Tom describes, then take a screenshot of it. Now you have a permanent map with all the pins on it -- something you can use to illustrate a Numbers spreadsheet or Bento database with additional info.

I did this to create a map of where we were going on our last tour of America. Below the pinned map, I added a table of where we would be each stop and how to get a hold of us there. Gave it out to the family so in case something went wrong they could check and see where we last were.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
While a map that would keep them up would be better, that's a pretty good work around - have a pic with all the pins showing to know which customer to head to next, then open Maps - and select it from your Bookmarks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
You could take a photo at each one or put a geotagged photo of each one on your iPad and view them on the map in the photos app

Reaction score
Same Issue

I have the same need as originally stated, and the workaround mentioned will not work for my needs, as I frequently have to update my accounts, plus I need the ability to plan my travel from the map. Has anyone found a better solution?

Thanks

Blackpond

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
I have the same need as originally stated, and the workaround mentioned will not work for my needs, as I frequently have to update my accounts, plus I need the ability to plan my travel from the map. Has anyone found a better solution?

Thanks

Blackpond

Yes, I have found a App called MotionX GPS HD . . . You get onto the map you want, and double tap and a WayPoint is set. You can then drag the Map around, until its where you want, then press Save. I popup appears, where you can re-name it, set a Date and time, and then save it, by pressing Done on the Keyboard, then touch the 'x' to get out of the Edit Mode and make you next one, like in the image below.

reHEixG.png

I can confirm, that these markers DO stay there, once the App is closed and re-opened. You can also do this on the more expensive Tom Tom, Hema and the likes, but does work well for this App.

Last edited:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.