Outlook for Mac 2011 problem-URGENT!

Reaction score
Hi,

I have been using Outlook for Mac 2011 for almost 1 year on my IMac, mac OS X 10.7.5.
I recently started to use and set up an account for GoogleApps, deleted the previous Exchange account.

There was no problem until today. As I tried to open Outlook, it opens, gets connected to Googlemail, syncs the folders but then it quits by saying:

"Microsoft Outlook must be closed because an error occurred.Any unsaved work may be lost".

Could anybody help me resolve this problem? I am not an IT expert and really URGENTLY need someone to tell me how to resolve this issue

Many thanks in advance
Ceyda

OP
C
Reaction score
Hello,
Thank you for this. I tried the disk utility and repair but it don't work:(
Any other suggestions?

Many thanks!
Ceyda

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
It's possible your Outlook data base is corrupt. Try repairing it by following the instructions in this Microsoft KB article: LINK

OP
C
Reaction score
Ok, thank you, I'll try this one. But one question: if I set a new Identity, will I be able to reach my older emails saved "on my mac" and not included in my current google mail account?
Many thanks
Ceyda

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I'm not sure if you will be able to with a new identity. Just make certain you backup all your email traffic that you have saved on your Mac before doing the repair. That way, you'll still be able to have access to them.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.