Itunes - Right Click not working

Reaction score
I am using a MBP with the current iTunes. In my Library I can right click on a song and change the name, delete and add or modify a bunch of things.

My wife has a MBA with the current version of iTunes and the right click option does not work. She has to select the song and go to file and Get Info or use the short cut key Command I.

Its not a big deal but Its really bothering me, I compared the setting and everything looks just fine.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Is your wife using a mouse or the built in trackpad? If she's using a mouse, have her go to System Preferences, Mouse, and check that she has it setup correctly. She might have setup the buttons backward.

OP
T
Reaction score
Ok I just checked my trackpad settings. We both have the same settings for secondary click, "use two fingers"

I tried two fingers on hers and it worked. I changed her settings from "use two fingers" to "click bottom right"

I left my settings alone. Weird how my "use two fingers" works as a right bottom click?

C

chas_m

As you said that when you used two fingers it worked on her MBA, I'd say the origin of the issue is with her, not the machine. I'll bet if you'd changed that to a two-finger tap (not click) she would have gotten it right away.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.