Cannot open .eu website

Reaction score
Hi! Everyone,
I cannot open the following website < www.esclafidou.eu> with safari 6.0.5
All cookies are unblocked.
The message is that the server for this site is not responding.
I can connect with explorer without any problem.
Will appreciate any help to solve this condition.
Thanks and Regards.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Opens fine here (it's in French). Suggest you contact your ISP as there is nothing wrong with the site or Safari. Nothing we can do except check to see if it opens for us with Safari and it does.

C

chas_m

I'm in Canada, opens fine here as well. I'm on the Mac using the latest Safari (6.0.5). Nice grapes.

If you're using the provided DNS numbers from your ISP, you could write them down (for later reference) and change over to OpenDNS or GoogleDNS to see if that makes a difference.

You mention Explorer so I'm lead to believe you may be using Safari on a Windows PC?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
She can't be using the Windows version of Safari since she said that she's using version 6.0.5. She added that the site displays OK when using IE (probably on her PC).

OP
J
Reaction score
Dear chscag & chas_m,
Thanks for your input. Now that you mentioned ISP, I think I know what the problem is. I am in China: when I connect with explorer on my HP company laptop, I am on a corporate VPN and when I connect with my macbook at home, I am on public internet which, as you may know, is quite often filtered, it is an euphemism :)) in China. Anyway, I'll find out soon: I'll be in Hong Kong next week; if I can connect there, that is it !
Thanks again. Cheers
jacquessmeets

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.