Trying to shoot photos tethered to OS 10.8

Reaction score
As a professional photographer I use Phase One software to shoot studio shots and process them on a Macbook Pro. My cameras and software worked fine on my previous Macbook with Snow Leopard, and even my older cameras currently perform without fault on my G5 even with the pre-intel processor (a combination that isn't even recommended by the Phase One software).
I cannot, to my frustration, get any transfer of images from camera to computer using a doner Macbook Pro with Mountain Lion running the guts. My Phase One software freezes and the computer gets unpleasantly hot. Many of my fellow snappers have also expressed frustration with upgrade incompatibilities.
There are rather a lot of people like myself on the planet trying to make a living taking pictures and reliant on computers and software. Having to consider a downgrade to a previous operating system in order to keep things running does not make new upgrades seem to be in the consumers interest.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
G'day and welcome to the forums.

By chance have you been to the Phase One web site and updated whatever version you are using? If the MBP came with Lion or Mountain lion, no going back alas.

OP
S
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies and suggestions, I decided to retro install Snow Leopard and, being the first time I had ever attempted anything like this, was chuffed with the way it went. Shame I wasn't expecting The Hard Drive to be partitioned or I could have altered that at the time too, but no problem, can sort at another time.
I ordered Snow Leopard from Apple Store (only £18 inc delivery and vat) and received the disc a day earlier than quoted :). I checked out with a knowledgeable pal, with a chocolate bribe, what I was intending to do. He ok'ed the plan but suggested I might have to install Leopard first if the Snow Leopard disc turned out to be just an add on upgrade. I already had a full install Leopard disc but it wasn't needed as the SL 10.6 disk did the whole install.
I was lucky to find a brilliant link supplied by searchframe in Apple Support Communities that took me to a very comprehensive step-by-step article page in PC Magazine on how to do it.
The Macbook Pro (c. 2009), although looking on the outside like it has been used to fend off cannonballs and buckshot, is now running terrific on OS X 10.6.3 and my Adobe CS3, and the Phase One Capture One v6.1.1 is responding perfectly to the Mk 1 Canon 5D as well as the Mk2.

My sincere thanks to all involved.
Skyship

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.