2 iPods with 1 iBook - half of songs gone...

M

mangoSharingan

Hi, today my friend plugged his iPod 60GB Colour into my iBook while my 4GB iPod 2G Silver was also plugged in so he could recharge it. We assumed it was no problem and saw that both iPods were on the desktop and listed correctly on the left column in iTunes. I then went to extract a few songs from his iPod using Senuti and once it finished, I disconnected his iPod.

However, I remember seeing his iPod with a small flashing red thing in he left column in iTunes before and that his iPod was 'updating'?. I thought it was nothing until he checked his iPod and found over half of his songs had disappeared!

Anyone have any idea whether this might be due to the fact that we had 2 iPods connected to the same machine? We both have it set to manually update on our own respective machines so I don't see why it should have started updating or something. We assumed it was ok because surely there must be people who own more than one iPod and frequently plug them both into the same machine to recharge simultaneously and there hasn't been a documented problem with it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.