Mac OS X Internet problems

C

chas_m

Excellent! Sadly I can't help you with that because I don't know the model of your router, HOWEVER, doing a search on Bing or Google or whatever for "change encryption [model of router]" should give you the information you need.

Most routers have a menu on their administration page, and to change the Wi-Fi encryption the section to look at is usually called "wireless network" or "wireless settings" or something like that. Good luck!

OP
A
Reaction score
The problem is much worser. It happens frequently, internet speed went slower and nothing is working that solves the problem

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
That is an AT&T Router. The people I live with have that very router. Your 2nd pic shows the DSL is no longer connected. Either it's that router or AT&T itself that is the issue. Trust me I know AT&T DSL and that router all too well.

Here one time that was happening and it was the Power Cube on the AT&T Router dying! A new Power adapter fixed it and they have not had one issue since.

Another note to the OP, that is not the most stable router on the planet but the one here only has to be reset every few months.

You can contact AT&T but you might get the run around. The issue with that router is it's also your DSL modem so you can't just go out and purchase any old Router, and from what the lights are showing it's the Modem part that is the issue.

Your Mac has no connection with the Internet and DSL lights going red on that router BTW. That shows the router is dropping connection with the DSL service.

Are your phone line connections good? Do you have good DSL filters on all your other devices like phones, Answering machines and anything else connected to the phone line?

OP
A
Reaction score
That is an AT&T Router. The people I live with have that very router. Your 2nd pic shows the DSL is no longer connected. Either it's that router or AT&T itself that is the issue. Trust me I know AT&T DSL and that router all too well.

Here one time that was happening and it was the Power Cube on the AT&T Router dying! A new Power adapter fixed it and they have not had one issue since.

Another note to the OP, that is not the most stable router on the planet but the one here only has to be reset every few months.

You can contact AT&T but you might get the run around. The issue with that router is it's also your DSL modem so you can't just go out and purchase any old Router, and from what the lights are showing it's the Modem part that is the issue.

Your Mac has no connection with the Internet and DSL lights going red on that router BTW. That shows the router is dropping connection with the DSL service.

Are your phone line connections good? Do you have good DSL filters on all your other devices like phones, Answering machines and anything else connected to the phone line?

I use mobile phones
The iMac is the one that makes the DSL disconnect
Nothing connected to the phone line

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
I use an iMac here on that very router and the iMac does nothing to make it disconnect. Don't know what to say. I can prove that router is very unstable even with the latest firmware.

I told you exactly what made this one do the very same thing yours is doing. All I can say and I have many years of experience with Networking, routers and AT&T DSL and their rotten equipment!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.