Quicktime Pro...

Reaction score
Hello,
I just got my new Dual Core G5 and I have some problems with Quicktime Pro. On my powerbook I can easily read any type of avi files, but on my G5 I can only read Quicktime formats and no avi's. I tried re-installing quicktime but nothing changes. What is wrong? Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.6GHz Core i7 15" MacBook Pro - 8GB DDR3 SDRAM - 750GB 7200 RPM HDD - GeForce 650M GT 1GB VRAM
ldjalal said:
Hello,
I just got my new Dual Core G5 and I have some problems with Quicktime Pro. On my powerbook I can easily read any type of avi files, but on my G5 I can only read Quicktime formats and no avi's. I tried re-installing quicktime but nothing changes. What is wrong? Thanks.
Quicktime can only handle certain types of AVI files. If your PowerBook's Quicktime was able to open these very same AVI files, then chances are somewhere down the road you downloaded 3ivx or the Divx codecs. To be perfectly honest, if you want to play AVIs, your best bet is downloading VLC, the free media player capable of playing pretty much every video that's not a RealPlayer video and was not encoded with the WMV3 codec (WMV1 and 2 still play in it though).

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.