Finder Window Lag When Swiping Screens

Reaction score
My finder window lags for about half a second when swiping screens left and right using the 3-finger gesture on the mousepad.

I'm running OSX 10.7.5 on a Macbook Air (mid 2011). I had installed a NAS drive, and everything was working perfectly, until I rebooted my system, which was when this problem starting showing up.

I've already tried repairing permissions, but the lag is still there. Any suggestions on how to fix?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Can you explain what you mean by 'installed a NAS drive', because I can't see the connection between a NAS drive and your Macs performance.

1. How much ram does your Mac have?
2. How much free disk space?
3. Does the behavior remain if you disconnect any Ethernet or Wi-Fi connections?
4. Does the issue remain if you use the Guest user?

OP
K
Reaction score
I had read on some of the other threads related to "Finder Window Lag" that connecting to external drives, including NAS and USB might lead to memory allocation problems, but I dont think thats the case...

It persists even if I switch off WIFI/Ethernet connectivity. Anyway, after fidgeting with everything, I've figured it out...

I went to "Force Quit Applications" went to the Finder app, and "Relaunch" it. The lag is now gone.

Thanks for your help, hopefully this helps others that may also have this problem.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
You stated you rebooted then the issue started to occur.

If your getting Finder issues like that straight after a reboot it suggest that while a relaunch made things better this time there's an underlying issue there.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.