Bt fon

Reaction score
I am a BT infinity broadband user and my broadband has gone down. I can connect to BT FON with my macbook pro as it appears in my available networks, but I cannot find the network on my iphone 4S or ipad2.
I have downloaded the BT WiFi app, but it just says it cannot connect

I have the WiFi setting on and it must be available as the macbook connects

Can anyone help please

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
How is your router configured? Did you (or anyone) create any sort of conditions or security settings on your router?

OP
M
Reaction score
BT Fon

I am not technical, but i do not believe so.
I do not think i am using the router from BT as there is no broadband connection. I am just finding the BT Fon network from my macbook when i go into join another network

Of course, i could be using something without realising it

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Yes, if you've got a wireless network, you've got a router somewhere (it has an antenna and it's most likely next to the modem that the tech would have installed). That said, if you don't know what it is, I doubt that it has been misconfigured.

Are there any other networks you see on your Mac that you don't see on your iOS devices? Are there any other devices that have trouble seeing your own network?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.