MacBook Pro crashing on boot

Reaction score
A strange problem. Took my MacBook Pro to the Apple store to get the screen replaced (an unfortunate dorm incident.) All else was working fine.

They replaced the screen, I brought the mac back and now it won't boot. It get stuck in what I think is Single-User Mode (light gray screen with a progress bar along the bottom.) The progress bar moves until the very end then the whole thing suddenly turns itself off.

I can use option-Powerbutton to get to the Recovery window but that's about it.

Any ideas? Right now the window gives me three options:

EFI Boot ... Recovery 10.8 ... Mac OS-X Install Disk

Thanks,

Fletcho

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
If your MacBook Pro was working normally before the screen accident, take it on back to Apple and explain what's going on. It may be coincidental, but then again, it may not so let them troubleshoot it.

OP
F
Reaction score
Thanks. That's the easiest solution of course. Just that they're 2 hours south and I'm hoping to fix it without having to spend a day in Detroit.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.