Notes app not syncing with ipad & iphone

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2016 Macbook Pro 512g.15" 16g.ram Ipad2Air 64gb wifi+4g Iphone 6s 64gig
Okay, believe me I have searched the forums and googled this problem. My notes are not syncing from my macbook pro to my ipad or iphone. I have gone into system preferences to icloud to make sure noted are checked. On both my ios devices I have turned notes off then on. I have made sure that my password is correct and that I am properly logged in. I have checked that my ios devices are defaulted to icloud. and I have done a hard reset on both ios devices. Did I miss anything? I am at a loss. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Which notes do you see when you log into iCloud.com? Those from the Mac or those from your iOS devices?

Are any of your devices in sync? e.g. are the iPad and iPhone syncing but not the Mac etc?

OP
firesidedog
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Which notes do you see when you log into iCloud.com? Those from the Mac or those from your iOS devices?

Are any of your devices in sync? e.g. are the iPad and iPhone syncing but not the Mac etc?

The notes that I see are from my iOS devices. Which is nothing. All of my iOS devices are in sync. This is a first for me. And for the life of me I can not figure this out.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
The notes that I see are from my iOS devices. Which is nothing. All of my iOS devices are in sync. This is a first for me. And for the life of me I can not figure this out.

Which is nothing? I don't understand what you mean?

Your default notes account on iOS and Mac is set to iCloud? (on Mac to do this you need to open Notes - Notes menu - Default Account).
You add a new note on the iPhone and it appears on iCloud.com and on the iPad but not on the Mac. Is that all correct?

All devices (iOS, iCloud.com and Mac) have the same iCloud email address?

OP
firesidedog
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I realize I shouldn't have said that. I just ran a test note from my ipad. It sync'd to my iphone and macbook just fine. So the issue is, that notes are not syncing from my laptop to my ios devices. They are all set to icloud. I must be missing something

OP
firesidedog
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I realize I shouldn't have said that. I just ran a test note from my ipad. It sync'd to my iphone and macbook just fine. So the issue is, that notes are not syncing from my laptop to my ios devices. They are all set to icloud. I must be missing something

Okay everything is running smooth. There is just this one "note" that was rather lengthy with important info. that I wanted on my IOS devices that won't sync. Other than that I am good. Thanks for your assistance.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
That's likely created on an account other than iCloud. Just copy and paste into a new note

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.