I hate word!! Why are pasted objects disappearing after saving?

Reaction score
I am sooo frustrated. Trying to paste an object into word 2011. It pastes in there just fine. It looks great when I save the file. Then I reopen the file and the object has vanished. Anyone know why this might happen and how to fix this?

Thanks so much!!

~ Sarah

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
What kind of object are you pasting? Is it a link or an actual object such as a jpeg or another file? I routinely paste objects into my Word documents for the work I do and have never had a problem with them disappearing.

OP
S
Reaction score
Hmm... good question. I'm copying a shape that was created in Adobe Indesign and pasting it into word from there.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I'm wondering if you're actually pasting the shape as a link from Adobe InDesign rather than as a file? If that were the case, as soon as you closed Adobe InDesign after saving the Word file, the link would be broken and the pasted shape would disappear. I normally paste files such as jpeg, text, or even another clipped Word file, but have never pasted a shape so that would be a guess on my part.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.