Checkbook software

Reaction score
I'm trying to find software to write a voucher check, print it and keep a register without hooking up to a bank or paying a monthly fee. The old Quicken was fab but now gone. Anyone know where to look. Bought the wrong thing at the Apple Store today. They downloaded it for me but it doesn't work. Quicken Essential..boo.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
There are actually several nice simple checkbook programs you can look at to see if they meet your needs. One is available in the Mac App Store. Do a search for "CheckBook" and choose the one by Splasm Software. They have a simple checkbook program and a pro version. I use the simple one and have been for years. It will import from MS Money, Quicken, and other checkbook programs either Windows or Mac as long as they export using the QIF format.

Another program you might want to look at is called "Just Checking for Mac". It reminds me of MS Money, however, it currently has no QIF import feature. Anyway the download link is here.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.