Flip4mac Basic?, Pro?, Studio?, Studio Pro HD?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
mid-2010 Mac Mini OS 10.12.6 Sierra, 2.66 GHz C2D, 8GB RAM, 30 in. Cinema Display
Hi All . . .
I know many of you use Flip4mac, so hopefully somebody can help. I bought my Mac Mini in mid 2010...see specs under my avatar. I have started threads recently about doing a total wipe and clean install but it just so happened the source of my constant problem was the hdd had bad sectors. I JUST got my Mini back from the Apple Store in Charlotte, NC with a new hdd via Apple Care. Luckily I still had 2 months left on it. I have been busy reinstalling ALL of my apps because I didn't want to risk reloading potentially corrupt software from my TM or CCC back ups.

To the point...When my computer was new, I purchased the Pro Upgrade for Flip4mac vs the basic install. Now that I need to reload my Pro Upgrade, I emailed Telestream support asking how I could make sure/verify I was getting the Pro upgrade version I paid for. I received a quick but curt reply telling me how to check which update version (i.e v2.4.4 for OS 10.6 or or v3.2 for OS 10.7 & 10.8) I had...I need to see if I have installed the UPGRADE Pro version for which I paid $29 for. I emailed Telestream explaining that I needed to see the "category" of Flip4mac I had installed. Although I initially explained my problem, they simply assumed I didn't know how to check the version. Can anyone here tell me how to see which "category" of Flip4mac (basic, Pro, Studio, StudioPro HD) I have currently installed? I re-emailed Telestream...but they had closed the case.

C

chas_m

On my Mac, I open System Preferences, then click on the "Flip4Mac" item, when that opens I click on "Upgrade" and it tells me what license I have.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Boot from your CCC backup and do that ^^^.

OP
Dogbreath
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
mid-2010 Mac Mini OS 10.12.6 Sierra, 2.66 GHz C2D, 8GB RAM, 30 in. Cinema Display
Thank you both. I do indeed have the Pro upgrade I purchased.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.