New All in One Inket printer - HP Photosmart 7520 or Epson Expression Premium XP-600

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac G5 2.1Ghz 512 MB ram
I'm looking at buying a new Multifunction Ink Jet printer. Consumer reports rates these two printers in the top three(the HP is rated number one and the Epson is rated number 3). I can get both printers for the same price. The HP is actually a $50 more printer but it is on sale for $50 off. Which printer do you people recommend? I'm leaning towards the HP since it is on sale and it was the highest rated, but I just wanted to see what others thought. Thanks,
Matt

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
If you believe "Consumer Reports" and feel their reviews are accurate, then purchase the HP. However, you also need to consider the cost of consumables. HP replaceable cartridges have always been expensive, and HP has in the past used a proprietary chip in its cartridges so that third party less expensive ones can not be used effectively.

Epson on the other hand uses cartridges which are less expensive and are replaceable by third party substitutes.

And by the way.... I own and use: HP, Epson, and Canon printers in my home office.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.