GMail no longer working on 3G

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2007 Mac Mini Core 2 Duo. Running Snow Leopard
Hi,
I have an iPhone 3G that has been set up and running my gmail account. About a month ago it quit. The error message says that either my user name or password is incorrect. I use the same login information to log in on my mac. I have not made any changes. Is anyone els having this problem, and can this be fixed without buying a newer phone?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
This doesn't sound like a hardware issue. It sounds more like a corrupted preference issue. I would start with the following:

Delete the account from the phone.
Recreate the account.

I might even do a hard restart in between, just to keep it honest.

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks Mike. I did delete the account and recreated it, with no success. I'm a little concerned about doing a hard restart, as I'm not sure what I'll lose (apps, contacts, etc.). Can you help with any of these concerns?

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Hi
If I do a hard restart on an iPhone 3G, what will I loose (contacts, apps, etc.)? Also, this is a phone that was previously an AT&T phone, but now runs on Straight Talk. Will I have any difficulties using it after a hard restart?
Thanks

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
How do you plan on doing the hard reset? Most of us do that by holding down the power and home button. Doing this doesn't affect any content on the phone. If you mean hard reset as in restore the phone or something, that's a different story..

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Before doing a hard reset or restart, backup your iPhone with iTunes. That way, you can always restore whatever apps or other info that you had stored on the phone. You should be making backups anyway.

EDIT: @bucky1

Please do not cross post your questions. Posting the same thing in multiple forums cause confusion and answers to be scattered about. I've combined your posts into one thread here.

Thanks.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.