Would the warranty let me do this?

Reaction score
So my parents bought my macbook but I didn't realize the warranty lasted 3 years. However I'm not sure entirely what this means for me.

There is a kind of big (well small, but big enough) piece of dust stuck inside the middle of the screen. There's other dust that have found it's way inside too, though it's the more noticeable piece of dust that annoys me. With a flashlight or in the light you can clearly see it when the mac is turned off.

Do you guys think with the warranty I would be able to have the screen replaced? Also I bought my Mac at Bestbuy so I'd have to go through them first, I'm assuming.

I don't even know how this would work. If Bestbuy people would do it or ship if off to apple. I don't even know if they'd even replace the screen over dust when technically I'm probably the reason it happened (I've owned the Macbook for over 2 years).

Before I call BestBuy and ask does anyone have any ideas on if this would be possible even? Or does warranty only cover problems you didn't cause?

Truthfully I am doubtful. My charger I had to pay for when it's fuse's blew. I guess it was my fault, but regardless their equipement messed up. So I have a feeling they would say no because I was at fault for the dust.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2010 imac, 2011 13" mbp, Ipad mini, Ipad air
Your warranty is for 1 year unless you purchased apple care. Or is it possible you bought a extended warranty from BB? If so that's who you would have to go through.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Various Mac's
Truthfully I am doubtful. My charger I had to pay for when it's fuse's blew. I guess it was my fault, but regardless their equipement messed up. So I have a feeling they would say no because I was at fault for the dust.

The only logical reason why your warranty on the power adapter would have been refused was if there was cable damage due to it being stressed. Apple can't be held responsible for this.

If you are unsure who supplied the additional warranty, phone Apple with your S/N and enquire, they will advise if the MBP has AppleCare. You can also discuss the dust issue.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.