word 2011 mac os

Reaction score
I'm getting this message when i try to delete document file word 2011 mac: Finder wants to make changes. type your password to allow this. And why does it do this? thanks all!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
What kind of document are you trying to delete? You shouldn't get that message unless the document or file is something that requires permissions. And, what version of OS X are you running?

OP
S
Reaction score
finder says for the deletion enter password

good afternoon! version 10.8 trying to send a document/file to trash. went to "get info, sharing/preference--owner (me) has read/write privileges but the staff, etc. does not. Put the administrator in but it only shows read only and can't get it to change to read/write! Hmmm :Smirk:How's the weather where you are..here in Indiana it was 67 yesterday and today around 75-80. that's indiana!

OP
S
Reaction score
the dialogue box is still popping up hmmm what do i do to stop it. as owner, the settings are read/write but as indicated above can't change the administrator's settings. since apple set up my mac for me to log in as owner with no password--nothing set as administrator, what can i do?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.