PDF loaded into iBooks will not sync back to iTunes

Reaction score
I accessed a PDF on the web from Safari on my iPhone 4s, then opened it in iBooks. Then I connected the iPhone to my iMac and synced with iTunes. I was expecting the new PDF to sync back to my iTunes, but that did not happen.

Am I to assume that PDF files loaded into iBooks on my iPhone or iPad will NOT sync back to iTunes?

-Thanks

OP
Z
Reaction score
This definitely appears to be a bug in iBooks 3.1. I just submitted this to Apple feedback:

When I view a PDF in Safari, then open it in iBooks, it's supposed to sync back to iTunes. It just doesn't work. From your own website:

iBooks: Viewing, syncing, saving, and printing PDFs on iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

"When you use iBooks to open a PDF, iBooks will automatically save a copy of the PDF to your iBooks PDF shelf. These PDFs will also sync back to your iTunes Book library the next time you sync your device with iTunes."

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.