iPod is wet

U

UncSki1218

sadly i dropped my ipod in the sink and it got quite wet. it took it out, dried it off and got all of the water i could out of it. i tried turning it on...bad idea. it was fine for a while. then it started emittinga higher pitched noise. then the sad face icon popped up. what do i do? btw i have apple care andd the ipod was bought this past decmeber....

help please

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPad 32 GB 3G
It shorted out because there was still water in it-- you should have left it alone for a longer period of time to dry out. You can try applecare, but I'm sure if you tell them that you dropped it into a sink full of water they won't cover it. I'm sure the "immersion in water" isn't considered normal usage.

Your call, you can call them and just say it quit working, but they might find evidence of water in it and want to charge you for repair.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 Cube
dan828 said:
It shorted out because there was still water in it-- you should have left it alone for a longer period of time to dry out. You can try applecare, but I'm sure if you tell them that you dropped it into a sink full of water they won't cover it. I'm sure the "immersion in water" isn't considered normal usage.

Your call, you can call them and just say it quit working, but they might find evidence of water in it and want to charge you for repair.

I dropped my cell phone in the toilet last year (don't ask) and took it in to Verizon to be looked at. The phone (Motorola v710) has a little chip inside of it that changes from white to red when it gets wet; that way they can tell right off the bat if it has incurred water damage. Luckily my wife had convinced me to buy the $6/mo insurance for it and they covered any water damage ;)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.