MacBook Pro Logic Board

Reaction score
Hello! I am not sure if this is where I am supposed to post this, but I figured I'd give it a shot.

I have a 2009 Macbook Pro that is overheating, freezing, and sporadically unable to find internet connections. When it is working properly, it is a great computer; however, it has unexpected fits that hint at broken-ness. I have read from multiple sources that this may be the cause of a faulty logic board.

Does anyone know the price on the replacement/repair of said logic board?
Is it worth repairing?
I really need this computer to last me through college...and if the repair is too much or won't last, I need to know so I can decide if I am going to have to tough it in the PC world for a bit.

Any help is appreciated :)

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
I have a 2009 Macbook Pro that is overheating, freezing, and sporadically unable to find internet connections. When it is working properly, it is a great computer; however, it has unexpected fits that hint at broken-ness. I have read from multiple sources that this may be the cause of a faulty logic board.

Does anyone know the price on the replacement/repair of said logic board?
Is it worth repairing?

If the MacBook Pro is overheating...the first thing I would do is open it up...and give it a good cleaning. It may simply be clogged with dirt/fuzz...greatly reducing the cooling efficiency of the computer.

It's also possible that the fan is not working.

As far as the replacement logic board...it will cost you a lot more than you think (probably at least $500 if you have Apple do it)...and with a 4 year-old computer...that would be a large % of it's current value (if it was working 100%)...and probably not worth it.

But first open the computer up & clean it with "canned air" before doing anything else.

- Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.