Create USB Bootable Disk

Reaction score
Hello all,

I am looking for some software that will allow me to create a USB disk that can be used to install an OS on. At the moment I am trying to install Linux Mint on a desktop and the ISO is on my MBP. Ive tried unetbootin but that fails to see anything in any of my folders, therefore I cannot select the image file. I also tried Linux USB Builder but that isn't really appropriate as it doesn't seem to give the option to manually select and image, instead it downloads one for you, and all the available images to download are out of date.
I know theres the terminal method but quite frankly thats a pain in the ***, and is hit and miss (at least on this machine anyway).
I just want something that can just apply the OS to the USB disk, no matter what OS it is.
Googling this was a nightmare as all I can really find is how to create a bootable OS X installation.
Any help would be appreciated

Thanks
Chris

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
OP
C
Reaction score
If you reread my original post you will notice that I was aware that there was websites that explained how to accomplish it via Terminal, but expressed a dislike in using that method.

Regardless, thanks for the YouTube video. Although I had said that the software that is used in that video wasn't right it inspired me to go back and have a play. It did work but it does only work for Linux, not other OS'.

Does anyone have any solutions for software that will create the USB bootable and apply ANY OS on to it?
Thanks

Chris

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.