Pop - ad.yieldmanager

Reaction score
Hello,

I searched the forum for this virus, but didn't see anything. It keeps opening new tabs and windows randomly. When I went online, someone advised using Avast to get rid of it. Big mistake, it was worse than the virus. slowed my MacBook to a crawl. Fortunately, I followed another thread on the Mac Forum and found a video on how to get rid of Avast, which I have now done. Back to the original problem with the ad.yieldmanager virus. Sometimes comes up as buildathome.com as well. Any way to get rid of it?

asapp

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
You don't have the "ad.yieldmanager" virus since that is a Windows virus and also because there are no viruses in the wild that can infect your Mac. Which browser are you using?

It sounds like you're receiving pop up ads in your browser. If you're using Safari you can download and install the free "AdBlock" extension from here. It's also available for Chrome.

Reaction score
Also, if using Firefox, UNcheck these 2 boxes under the Advanced button in javascript:

Content.jpg

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Or you have installed some 3rd party toolbar in your browser.
Some of those can be pretty nasty themselves.

Remove it whatever it is. Check your plug-ins and extensions in the browser.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Hey, welcome back Craig, did you enjoy your vacation? ;P Only teasing you.... I read your post last night after Dennis answered. I actually went into your profile to see what was wrong and could see nothing that stood out. Anyway, Tom (bobtomay) knows more about that stuff than I do and it looks like he fixed it. So, the next time you're in Dallas you owe him a large Starbucks Latté. ;)

Reaction score
Just might do that, depends on hurricane season :)

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
I would tell you to head this way in the event of a hurricane. Wait, given the size of those storms, I might have to head Tom's way myself. Wonder if he's got enough extra rooms?:Smirk:

Reaction score
We got friends with a trailer in Nacodoches. Gonna head up there if needs be. Hopefully wont need to this year.

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
We got friends with a trailer in Nacodoches. Gonna head up there if needs be. Hopefully wont need to this year.
I agree.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.