airport extreme disconnects from the internet

Reaction score
hello
i have the latest airport extreme router and it was working fine during the first couple months but recently, the internet keeps disconnecting and reconnected from all out electronic devices inside the house. i switched the 5GHz off in hopes of the situation getting better but nothing. there is a fridge on the other side of the wall and a microwave but is unplugged when not in use. i tried resetting it and changing the channel settings from automatic to 11 but nothing has worked so far. someone please help me. thank you

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
It sounds like you may be getting interference from somewhere. Are you in an apartment complex where your neighbors are close by (adjacent apartments)? For example: Can you detect and pickup other wireless networks in your area?

Also, have you tried re-locating the AE to see if that made a difference?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
And say a hands free phone nearby which mat cause interference?

OP
K
Reaction score
i changed its place and i still dont know if all is back to normal because it disconnects at the most random time. also, what is an AE?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
i changed its place and i still dont know if all is back to normal because it disconnects at the most random time. also, what is an AE?

AE = Airport Extreme

Well, something has had to change if you were using the AE for the first couple of months and then suddenly it begins to disconnect. You never answered the questions about your location that I asked above.

OP
K
Reaction score
yes i do live in an apartment and the connection has become much better ever since ive changed its location. thank you both very much, you have been of great help. cheers :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.