earplugs for macbook pro

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
These earplugs (or earphones/earbuds)...don't appear to be any different than any other set. So then the question becomes...is it safe to wear any set of earphones/earbuds.

Research has shown that many folks turn the volume up way too high when using these...and if this is done repeatedly over the long term...hearing damage can occur.

So the concern really isn't about whether these specific earbuds are ok/safe...it's more about being careful not to turn the volume up too high when using them.

- Nick

OP
M
Reaction score
These earplugs (or earphones/earbuds)...don't appear to be any different than any other set. So then the question becomes...is it safe to wear any set of earphones/earbuds.

Research has shown that many folks turn the volume up way too high when using these...and if this is done repeatedly over the long term...hearing damage can occur.

So the concern really isn't about whether these specific earbuds are ok/safe...it's more about being careful not to turn the volume up too high when using them.

- Nick

nick thanks for a quick response
I don`t turn up the volume excessively loud as those earbuds have a `profound` sound, extracting even the difficult-to-hear aural files
my question was merely about its possible potential to cause any sort of damage to the hardware but I worry needlessly:)
thanks for taking time

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
The headphone jack is designed to accept headphones, any headphones that have a compatible connector. What possible damage to the hardware could you do? There isn't any power going out of these jacks..:)

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Your Mac has a 3.5mm stereo headphone port and the pic you provided is of a headphone with a 3.5mm stereo plug.

Damage??? Well, if you don't use the headphone port on your Mac at all, it is less likely to get damaged than if you do use it as designed.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
my question was merely about its possible potential to cause any sort of damage to the hardware but I worry needlessly:)

Yeah...I guess it wasn't super clear what your concerns were when you posted above (safe for you or safe for the computer).

Since computer safety is generally not a concern (that's what the computers audio port is for...for plugging in audio devices)...human hearing safety seemed to be the more obvious concern.

- Nick

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
damage??? Well, if you don't use the headphone port on your mac at all, it is less likely to get damaged than if you do use it as designed.

+1 :)

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
The insertion effort is normal for all audio jacks since there's a switch type thing in there to detect when the headphones are plugged in and out...

As far as delay goes, there shouldn't be any perceptible one and definitely not up to 5 seconds..

OP
M
Reaction score
The insertion effort is normal for all audio jacks since there's a switch type thing in there to detect when the headphones are plugged in and out...

As far as delay goes, there shouldn't be any perceptible one and definitely not up to 5 seconds..

yeah i dont know why it last up to 5 seconds, thats beyond me

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.