Wireless Laser Presenter

Reaction score
I need to replace my very old laser presenter, and while trying to find a replacement, I seem to see many issues with compatibility with Macs on many of the newer presenters.

Anyone have any recommendations on laser presenters that are compatible with Macs?

Thanks in advance!

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
I have the Canon MF8380cdw multi-function color laser printer. It has WiFi support and works really well for all things.

My only gripe with this printer is that the WiFi seems to cut out frequently requiring a power-cycle. I, however, use it very infrequently and don't mind doing the reboot. If you plan on using this printer often, this might become a real annoyance..

People have complained but there doesn't seem to be any resolution from Canon..

All other devices in the office, where the printer is sitting, get good to excellent WiFi signal strength, but the Canon always reports low signal strength..

OP
S
Reaction score
I have the Canon MF8380cdw multi-function color laser printer. It has WiFi support and works really well for all things.

My only gripe with this printer is that the WiFi seems to cut out frequently requiring a power-cycle. I, however, use it very infrequently and don't mind doing the reboot. If you plan on using this printer often, this might become a real annoyance..

People have complained but there doesn't seem to be any resolution from Canon..

All other devices in the office, where the printer is sitting, get good to excellent WiFi signal strength, but the Canon always reports low signal strength..
Thanks Razor! I appreciate your response, but I was asking about a wireless laser presenter, not printer :)

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Whoops! Selective comprehension on my part..was doing too many things at work and only half paying attention to your post it seems..:)

Speaking of which, what is a laser presenter?

OP
S
Reaction score
That was pretty funny, thanks for the laugh! :)

It's one of those hand-held devices that is a laser pointer and also advances slides during Powerpoint presentations. Some models do a lot more, but I just need something basic. Unfortunately, it seems that even those that are "Mac compatible" get bad reviews because they wouldn't work on macs!

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ahh OK, I thought that was it but didn't want to make a bigger fool of myself..:)

This Kensington presenter is listed on the Apple Store and seems to have pretty good reviews, you know that it will at least work with a Mac. But it doesn't have a laser though..

Then there's this Targus AMP11US that seems to be OK if you read the manual it seems and works with Mountain Lion..

Perhaps you've already seen these and discounted them?

OP
S
Reaction score
I saw those, but really need a pointer as well, and the Targus seems to have some issues despite being advertised as Mac compatible.

I found another Kensington that seems to have the most potential; I may just need to order it and try it out.

Thanks for helping look into it!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.