Install disc keeps ejecting

Reaction score
I have a MacBook (2008) running with Snowleopard. As I want to sell my laptop now I need to wipe the disk completely. Unfortunately the install disc OS Version 10.5.2 keeps constantly ejecting. But on my windows laptop the disc works just fine. Practically no scratches. Very very light ones, nothing that a CD/DVD drive even of the first generation could not read.
If there is no possibility for my mac to force and read the disc how else can I wipe the hard drive securely

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Is this 10.5.2 Install disk a gray-colored disk...and if so...is it THE original disk that came with the computer when new (or did it come from somewhere else)?

- Nick

OP
M
Reaction score
The cover of the disc is grey with a narrow white outer ring.
It is the original disc that came with the macbook when I bought it.
Strangely disc two (also grey) works on the mac. It is only disc one that keeps ejecting

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
After making sure the disc is clean...

Try taking a can of compressed air and while the computer is turned off...

Shoot 3-4 quick bursts thru the slot in different directions.

This is the way my old MBP optical drive acts when the lens starts getting dirty - reads some discs and not others.

ymmv

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.