iOS 7: Good Or Bad?

Reaction score
Hey guys and gals! What do you think of iOS 7?
Comment on what you like and don't like about it and why. Debate is good!

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
iOS 7 is not released yet, will have to wait for it to be released before you can debate it..

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
I think we have enough information about it though to stimulate some conversation, so I'm re-opening this thread.

Also, I'm going to kick it on over to our iOS forum, since this is not an off-topic discussion.

C

chas_m

I've only seen pictures and Apple's videos of it, so far it looks glorious. I'm very excited to see how it will run on my iPhone 4.

Bear in mind that it isn't done "cooking" yet, some changes WILL be made to the final release but I think on the whole we're seeing very close to what it will look like.

One of the many interesting decisions I think Sir Jonathan Ive made was in brightening up the colour palette. I've read recently that this may appear a little too much to some western eyes, but should help the iPhone do better in other countries. Interesting if true.

Beyond the look, however, I am keen to find out what's changed "under the hood." Oh sure, the new eye candy is always fun to play with and all, but when the novelty wears off its those serious changes (not just the window dressing) that make the biggest difference in everyday use.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15" + iPhone 5S
Sir Jonathan Ive

I simply love the Videos he appears in, he makes me laugh, how on earth can he keep a straight face ?, that is what i always think when i see him.

Tim

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
I'll be blunt with this one: it's a paint of coat complemented by features quite obviously borrowed from other platforms (not really a problem per se but hardly innovative). I'm ambivalent about the facelift - it's simplistic which is certainly an excellent path to take but the excessive white makes it difficult to differentiate between things. For example, the button bar (the thing on the bottom - I'm not sure what the actual name is) is the same colour as a plain white background which makes it hard to discern. Sure, we all know where the buttons are but some contrast really would have helped.

In terms of functionality, it's hard to make the claim that Apple didn't borrow functionality from Android, WP and even webOS. However, that's not a bad thing (I couldn't care less who gets what from where as long as I benefit) if they can somehow do it better than the others.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
I'll be blunt with this one: it's a paint of coat complemented by features quite obviously borrowed from other platforms (not really a problem per se but hardly innovative).

Apple always does an awesome job bundling features in their painted coats. I'll be first in line for one.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Going to have to finally upgrade my 3GS it looks like.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.