Printer and Scanner w/Mtn Lion

Reaction score
When I updated to Mtn Lion both my Scanner (Epson Perfection 3490) and my Laser Printer (Samsung ML-2510) no longer function and I cannot seem to find drivers for them. Epson suggests the App Store updates but that is no help. Are there drivers for these devices?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
late 2011 mac Mini, 2.3 GHz core i5, 8 GB 1333 MHz DDR3, Sierra, Retina display iPad, Iphone 5S
OP
D
Reaction score
Printer & Scanner with no drivers

Thanx Bill, but the Aus driver only works with Lion. Tried it. My problem with both my scanner and printer is they won't work with Mtn. Lion. The Epson driver simply refers you back to Apple update which does not have the drivers.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I Mac 27-inch 3.2 GHz Intel Core i5 24GB ram. MacBook Pro 13-inch 2.5GHz dual-core Intel i5 16GB ram
Cant say about your printer but I have an Epson Perfection 3490 and use it with ML, without problems.
Are you using Image Capture to scan your Photos

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
late 2011 mac Mini, 2.3 GHz core i5, 8 GB 1333 MHz DDR3, Sierra, Retina display iPad, Iphone 5S
A number of people have commented on the fix listed on the Apple Forum discussion link above. Have you tried this?

Here is the pertinent portion.

aleballa72
Re: Samsung Printers ML-2010 and ML-2510 stop working with OSX 10.7.3
Oct 7, 2012 6:15 AM (in response to rg3)
The ML-2010 problem has been fixed for me Installing the usbtb usb backend for CUPS.
The procedure I followed:
Download and install from the gutenprint page Gutenprint - Top Quality Printer Drivers - Browse Files at SourceForge.net the two packages gutenprint-5.2.9.dmg and usbtb-1.0.17.uni.dmg. Actually the gutenprint driver doesn’t support the ML-2010 but without it the usb backend didn’t work for me.
Install the official Samsung ML-2010 driver.
Reset the printing system.
Add a new printer (+), wait 20-30 seconds and the Samsung ML-2010, Type USB Printer (usbtb) appears in the printers list, next to the usual Samsung ML2010, Type USB.
Select the new one and manually choose the Samsung ML-2010 official driver for it.

My old Samsung printer is working very well now, much quicker than before.
It seems the printer Intermittence was due to some issue on the usb layer communication, from the Samsung Driver and the CUPS server.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I Mac 27-inch 3.2 GHz Intel Core i5 24GB ram. MacBook Pro 13-inch 2.5GHz dual-core Intel i5 16GB ram
Cant say about your printer but I have an Epson Perfection 3490 and use it with ML, without problems.
Are you using Image Capture to scan your Photos

Just checked this with my MacBook Pro.
Ive never used my scanner with this laptop before but after connecting I opened Image capture and It works perfectly, no drivers needed.

Update
Just ran software update and there is an update for Epson printers and scanners, but it did work before the update.
Update is Epson printer software update 2.1.4

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.