Can't Activate iPhone After Restoring

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hey all, I have just downgraded from iOS7 Beta to 6.1.3 firmware on my 4s. After successfully restoring to an older firmware my phone is stuck at the "Activate iPhone" screen where it asks for my Apple ID and Password. It keeps telling me I have incorrect login information. This cannot be possible because I am able to log into places such as this forum and the account information section in iTunes. From what I have found on other forums is that it has something to do with apple not being happy with me installing beta when I am not a developer. But are they honestly going to make my phone completely useless because the beta went public? If someone can please help me on this issue I am having it would be greatly appreciated. - Adam

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini 2007, ipod 4g, iphone 4, ipad 2, windows vista, windows 7
Did you take it to the genius bar yet? They could very well give you a full restore within 10 minutes. Did you connect it to your computer and reset it in iTunes?

OP
A
Reaction score
I havent yet. I wanted to try and solve it myself first.

I connected it to my itunes and was able to restore it to the old firmware but it promts me with activating it after it was done. My login info does not work.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Hey all, I have just downgraded from iOS7 Beta to 6.1.3 firmware on my 4s. After successfully restoring to an older firmware my phone is stuck at the "Activate iPhone" screen where it asks for my Apple ID and Password. It keeps telling me I have incorrect login information. This cannot be possible because I am able to log into places such as this forum and the account information section in iTunes. From what I have found on other forums is that it has something to do with apple not being happy with me installing beta when I am not a developer. But are they honestly going to make my phone completely useless because the beta went public? If someone can please help me on this issue I am having it would be greatly appreciated. - Adam

This right here is your problem. Im sorry but it serves you right, for downloading a Torrented Beta when your not a Developer.
We pay $99/yr for a reason so we can get the Beta and test our Apps on them. You have done bad, and i think the Mods will close this thread, because what you have done is quite very illegal. When a Developer downloads a Beta, his iDevices have Profiles and are registered with the Apple Developer Portal, so when we put it on our phones, we have signed certificates saying its fine to do and lets us do what we want.

In the Dev portal in a BIG yellow box it says "Once iOS7 is installed onto your device, you cannot go back to a earlier version".
Good luck at the App Store and trying to explain to the Genius as to why and how you have a illegal copy of iOS 7 on your phone, and i wonder if they will help you restore it. (They have NO legal right to restore your iPhone too, as you are doing illegal activity with iOS 7 Beta)

I havent yet. I wanted to try and solve it myself first.

I connected it to my itunes and was able to restore it to the old firmware but it promts me with activating it after it was done. My login info does not work.

Apple have ways of finding things out, and one is when you put a Unsolicited Version of iOS 7 Beta on your phone, and because you now don't want the Illegal version, they could well of blocked your phone for doing something illegal. I haven't read it through, but the agreement you Accepted when you first got your phone, could well have something in there saying the sorts of "If you illegally put a iOS Beta version on a iPone that isn't registered as a Developer phone, then it will be blocked" But I'm betting it is because of that BIG yellow box i read that says i can't now go back to a previous version of iOS.
Its was a warning will bells and whistles in the Dev Portal. Shame you didn't get to read that part lol

Good luck

C

chas_m

Apple is not bricking your iPhone. You bricked your iPhone. As TM says, there was a warning about the developer beta that you chose to ignore (or didn't see because you used a pirated copy). The first beta is (as is to be expected) *full of bugs* and not intended to be run on any iPhone that is relied on for day-to-day use. That's why its called a beta.

All I can suggest is that you do a complete wipe and set up as a new iPhone, then do a restore. That might fix the issue. Otherwise you'll have to take it to an Apple Store and get them to fix it for you if they can or are willing to do so.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Can't/won't comment on the validity of having 7 beta or the particular scenario of downgrading 7 to 6 but . . . . .

The 'best' way of restoring firmware on an iPhone that's making a fuss of being upgraded or after a failed jailbreak etc is to put it into DFU mode first, download the 6.1.3 firmware (like you would for jailbreaking) then doing a 'manual' restore in iTunes.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Apple is not bricking your iPhone. You bricked your iPhone.

+1

And with that profound statement, this thread is closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.