Download stuck at 99%!!! Google Chrome

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" 2015 MacBook Pro Retina / 15" 2010 MacBook Pro
Hello there

I have been downloading this file for hours now as my internet is slow (100 kb/s transfer rate) and it got stuck at 99%!!! This is truly frustrating as it takes me almost 3 hours to download it. It's a 1.05 GB file and I tried connecting to the host from another computer and it is working fine.

I do not want to pause/stop the download because I know it will not resume and will eventually restart from 0%.

There is a .crdownload in the Downloads folder which is 1.05GB in size somehow but of course it's not going to work. Is there any solution to this? I took a copy of the .crdownload and put it on my Desktop just in case there's a workaround.

Here's a screen shot of the problem:

If anyone knows how to fix this PLEASE let me know.

Thank you so much.

Screen Shot 2013-06-23 at 2.27.18 PM.png

OP
Tarek
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" 2015 MacBook Pro Retina / 15" 2010 MacBook Pro
Never mind I got frustrated and decided to cancel it and download it on my Vaio using Internet Download Manager. Anyone know a good alternative to IDM on Mac? It's the most useful application for downloading large files.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Try and avoid Speed Downloader for one. If at all possible Tarek faster ADSL if available would be the shot.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.