Resetting mac mini 2007

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini 2007, ipod 4g, iphone 4, ipad 2, windows vista, windows 7
I got a mac mini from a friend and want to reset the data but they don't have the reset data disk. Can I still format the hard drive data?

C

chas_m

Assuming this is an INTEL Mac mini, you can order the Snow Leopard DVD from Apple for $20 and install from that.

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Is there any other way? I would rather not order a disk for 20$ plus tax and shipping.

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
And yes it is a intel based 2007 Mac mini

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
And the $20 includes shipping and that is the only way unless you own a pirate ship. Avoid pirated software unless you want the Mini full of malware and other not so nice gremlins.

C

chas_m

Just so I have this straight: someone gave you a Mac mini but you don't want to pay $20 to get it working properly?

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
no no no. I will pay it I just wanted to know if there is some way to reset it without the money being spent. if there isn't I will buy the disk, I just don't want to pay $20 for nothing if there is another way.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Phone Apple Online and spend the money. When the disc arrives, pop it in, reboot and hold down 'C', format the drive and do a nice clean install and update to version OS X.6.8 using the Combo updater from the Apple web site.

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
thanks guys, your really helpful

C

chas_m

And remember to hang on to the DVD after you've used it -- should you ever need to reinstall (a new hard drive for example), you'll save yourself a lot of grief having that DVD around.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.