dual monitor resolution settings

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
IMac, IPad 3G, IPhone 4S
I have a dual monitor setup on my 21.5 iMac with a Hanns-G monitor. I have been playing with the resolution settings on the Hanns-G but just cannot get them correct. Everything on the iMac display is perfect but when the screen is dragged over to the additional monitor it is so large it will not completly fit on the screen. I need to have the resolution reduced I guess to allow the Hanns_G display to not be so large. Thanks..

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
What the size of the external display and it's native resolution? You want to configure OS X to drive the external monitor at that native resolution to make sure things fit.

What version of OS X are you running?

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
IMac, IPad 3G, IPhone 4S
Dual display on iMac

I'm running OS X Mountain Lion. The external monitor is a 17 inch Hanns-G. Right now it is set for best for display. I have tried many other settings but have not hit on the right one yet. The iMac display is perfect but the Hanns-G is really large. Thanks for your help.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Best is not a resolution. If it's a 17", depending on the age, it might 1024x768 or higher. Look up the model number and then search for the specs and get that information. Then set OS X specifically to that resolution.

Also, how are you connecting the external monitor to the iMac?

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
IMac, IPad 3G, IPhone 4S
Connection is vga cable to a purchased Apple connector into the iMac. I'm not sure what the Apple connector is called. I'll try and find the correct resolution settings for the Hanns-G. I doubt if I still have the book. It's a few years old. Thanks for your help..

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.