Adobe Software

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 1.83Ghz, 1GB Ram, 60GB HD. 19in. external display, bluetooth keyboard and mouse. Closed Lid.
Is there any free and legal software out that that might be close to photoshop? Something that will let you do basically the same simple things (not too complex... something along the lines of image creation). I have heard of these "open source" programs but I have never seen them.

Anything that is reletively cheap would also be very nice.

Thank you.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Powerbook G4 • 24" iMac • iPhone 3Gs
Gimp.

I've used it for years, works great....for free.
It does need the X11 window server, however. Search around and install from your install disk, it's pretty simple. (and worth it)

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 1.83Ghz, 1GB Ram, 60GB HD. 19in. external display, bluetooth keyboard and mouse. Closed Lid.
surfwax95 said:
Gimp.

I've used it for years, works great....for free.
It does need the X11 window server, however. Search around and install from your install disk, it's pretty simple. (and worth it)

Thanks... but what is this x11 stuff? How does it work and where can I get it? Will it slow my mac down?

Thanks

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.