Safari Question

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
OS X Mountain Lion 10.9
Hello,

Safari really loads slow. The icon bounces up and down and then I get the "circle of death."
It eventually loads but it seems almost too long. I don't have that problem with any other app. Has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21 M1 Pro 14" MBP, 23 M2 Pro Mac Mini (MacOS 14), iPhone 15 Pro Max (iOS 17), iPad 6 (iPadOS 17)
Is your OS and Safari as up to date as possible - Apple have released a couple of updates for Safari under SL lately (now at 5.1.9)?

You could also try re-setting Safari.

OP
Gwaredd
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
OS X Mountain Lion 10.9
Is your OS and Safari as up to date as possible - Apple have released a couple of updates for Safari under SL lately (now at 5.1.9)?

You could also try re-setting Safari.

Helô Nicky,

Mae'n wych clywed gan rywun o Cymru!

My Safari is up to day with 5.1.9 so I guess that's not the problem. I guess I'll just deal with it. I little inconvenience doesn't bother me since everything else works great.

Diolch! :)

Cymru am byth!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
Safari really loads slow. The icon bounces up and down and then I get the "circle of death."
It eventually loads but it seems almost too long. I don't have that problem with any other app.

Ok, but do you have this problem with any other browser? Let's compare, um, apples to apples here.

OP
Gwaredd
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
OS X Mountain Lion 10.9
Ok, but do you have this problem with any other browser? Let's compare, um, apples to apples here.

Hello,

I took your suggestions and tried Firefox and Google Chrome. I didn't like either one. Safari offers better and safer extensions than either of these two. Actually, I noticed that I only have problems with Safari loading slow is when I first boot the computer, other wise no problems. Hmmmm!

Thanks for your advise. :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
Ok, well, I don't Know what is causing your Safari problem. But, you're welcome. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21 M1 Pro 14" MBP, 23 M2 Pro Mac Mini (MacOS 14), iPhone 15 Pro Max (iOS 17), iPad 6 (iPadOS 17)
Helô Nicky,

Mae'n wych clywed gan rywun o Cymru!

My Safari is up to day with 5.1.9 so I guess that's not the problem. I guess I'll just deal with it. I little inconvenience doesn't bother me since everything else works great.

Diolch! :)

Cymru am byth!

Well I'm no Welsh speaker, but hope you sorted your problem out

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.