Flash on the new Air?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2014 i5 5k 32gb 1tb fusion, second TB display, 2014 MBA
Anybody got a new MBA and has put flash on it?

The battery life in the new machine is extraordinary. It puts my older iPad to shame, not to mention any other laptop I have ever seen.

But... So far I have resisted installing Flash. I hate it, but I'm afraid that my use of it will be unavoidable, given its use on a myriad of websites. Not only is there the problem of power, but I could always tell that I had a stuck flash when I suddenly realized that the skin of my legs was roasting - through pants no less.

I am sort of benchmarking for now. For instance, I have been on-line in a Whataburger for exactly one hour and my battery is now at 95 percent. That gives a theoretical run time of 20 hours, but I admit that my usage is very mild - just type-type in a programming forums. No compiling or videos.

At the other extreme, I am wondering that if I actually tried to watch the full Lord of the Rings in Flash, what would be the full battery life?

Anybody use Flash heavy on the new MBA?

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
I don't own a MacBook Air but I'd install it and then get a flash blocker for my browser of choice. You get the best of both worlds in that case.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.